Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Every time.

Not just one time.  Every time.

"When I thought I lost me, you knew where I left me.
You reintroduced me to your love.
You picked up all my pieces, put me back together.
You are the defender of my heart."  Defender, Rita Springer

Every time - He picks up all the pieces.

He doesn't leave one out.  He uses them all to put me back together.
He knows where we left each one.  Even when we have given them away...

He knows us better than we know ourselves.

Sometimes life breaks us. And sometimes we break ourselves. We choose other things instead of what is good for us.  What is right. We choose empty paths with dead ends instead of the ones He has carved out for us.  Oh, but his ways are so much better.  They aren't always safe, no.  They might be bumpy and unpredictable and uncomfortable. But they are good and full of joy. He promises to always be there. He promises to never leave.

And you know what? He means it. He keeps his promises.  

I can honestly say through all my life, he has always picked up all my pieces and he has always put me back together. Every time.  Faithful and loyal. Every time. 

When I held on to the past for too long, he was there patiently waiting for me to let go.  When my heart was broken and I couldn't lift my head, he was kneeling beside me. Waiting, waiting, waiting. I would grow impatient with such a person, but not Father God. He's forever patient with me as I'm seeking him. Because he knows my heart.

When I am too hard on myself because I think I should be leaps and bounds ahead of where I am.  My father is there and he's cheering me on.  And when the darkness tries to close in on me, with familiar thoughts of the pain of the past, he's there too.

In the moments when I feel like my kids should have better and deserve more. He reminds me that he CHOSE ME to be their mom.  Hand picked. Not because I am perfect...but because he knew I would need them as much as they would need me.

And the times I wish I was stronger and braver. He's there and he tells me if I was, then just maybe I would be decieved into thinking I wouldn't need him.

Every time, He's there.  He always has been, for me and for you.  And he always will be. Because that's what a good Father does. Believe that friend.

Much love,
Christa


No comments:

Post a Comment