Friday, January 10, 2014

He knew

Hey friends. 
Have had a Misty Edwards song in my heart for a few days now. 

"I knew what I was getting into when called you.
I knew what I was getting into when I said your name, but I said it just the same.
I knew what I was getting into and I still want you.
I knew what I was getting into.

I knew what I was getting into and I still chose you.
I knew what I was getting into and I still want you.
I knew what I was getting into when I said your name, but I said it just the same.
I knew what I was getting into.

And I am not shocked by your weakness.
And I am not shocked even by your sin.
And I am not shocked by your brokenness."

My prayer is and has been, "whatever it looks like." I want Him to be glorified in me. But when life hits you and you didn't expect it- the prayer is harder to stay submitted to. It gets harder - and harder - to walk your path- it was carved out just for you. It gets harder to trust- does He really see? Is He turning a deaf ear? It gets harder to hear- and know- that He's walking right beside you- holding your hand. He's in the waiting- and He's not shocked by our questions and doubts. 

He can handle it. 

Isn't that so wonderful? He's not mad or shocked or disappointed that we question our situation- He just wants us to learn and grow and lean. He knew what He was getting into. And we aren't "too much" for Him. He can handle all of our hurts and doubts and past. And He is more than able to carry us. 

Remember that today friends. And remember He still answers prayers. Believe it.

❤️ Christa 

No comments:

Post a Comment