Monday, September 12, 2016

Guard your heart.

"Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that's where life starts." 
Proverbs 4:23 The Message


This has been my favorite verse since I met Jesus. I have read it over and over, shared it with others, spoke messages on it...it is very powerful and I promise will change your life - if applied fully. 

If you've ever been in a season where you or your family has been under spiritual attack, this verse becomes more of a command than a suggestion. It is a must- for your protection as well as your sanity. 

To move forward and to break any ties that the enemy could use to hinder or draw you backwards- you must be willing to cut away- a clean sweep- even things you have loved and held dear. 

Why? Because Jesus is better- and his plans are better. 

Don't be afraid or unwilling to reevaluate your life. You are worth it. 

Relationships, attitudes, habits. Lay it all out and ask yourself what needs to go. 
You'll take criticism. You'll be judged and talked about and misunderstood. 
It's ok. 

Questions to ask if you aren't sure...
Is it life giving?
Does it encourage my heart? 
Could it be a distraction from my future? 
Does it weigh me down? 

These are my bars. Anything that leads to negativity or death- it goes. 

Some of this hurts. Some- not so much.

But Jesus is better. I know He is. 

Moving on ❤️

Christa 

No comments:

Post a Comment