Friday, April 29, 2016

Facing fear

Today I did something that scared me. I faced a fear I had. I faced the belief that I couldn't do something. 

I realized I had disqualified myself. I believed others could do great things... But could I? 

Last week I went to a women's gathering in Alabama. I was in a room of people that really believed that God could do ANYTHING. It was an atmosphere of dreams. I felt stirred- and felt His encouragement in my heart to pursue a dream I've had. 

Something that will bless and serve others. And glorify Him.

So last night I started. And today I took steps in that direction. 

Not to be mysterious- but things aren't final and I'm still praying for final direction ;) 

But -like Karen Wheaton says-  "what about God???" He is just so faithful. He gives us dreams and He longs for us to abandon our insecurities and walk them out. 

Do you have a dream in your heart? Will you believe for it to happen? Will you face the fear inside? 

The prize is worth the process - I promise:) and Jesus is with you every step. 

He has never lost a battle ❤️ 

We can do the hard things, friend. 

Much love,
Christa  

2 comments:

  1. Admire your courage, look forward to hearing what it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courage, advancing in the face of fear. There has been so many things that I felt so inadequate, so dis-qualified to do, but pursuing God's dream was not optional. I shared with my son the other day, I still fear God, to displease Him is totally unacceptable. When giving a kid a trophy that he did not earn / deserve but because he participated has created a concept that is what God is going to do. I do not think nor desire for Him to say, 'Well done' cause I need encouragement, I want to have earned it. I only will earn it because I moved in the face of my fears. You are an awesome woman of God - trust me - there will be many more fears to disqualify you for even more daring dreams in your future. This is preparation. Plus you will teach that dreams from God, the creator are not optional. Proud of you and Carolyn and I love you

    ReplyDelete