Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Footsteps

I heard a life changing word this weekend and just HAVE to share with you.
Maybe it will shine a light in your heart and bring a little encouragement. :)

I am BLESSED beyond measure to have such amazing leadership in my life.  I never knew how important it really was to have godly strong people speaking into me.  I pray I never take it for granted again. I don't know where I'd be without it...don't even wanna know.

Sitting under our Bishop and brother this Sunday, I heard his heart and deep cry. A heart for the body of Christ to come back to the heart of God.  To see Him as abba and daddy and not just a church service once a week or month or year.  A cry to see this generation come back to the Lord, really back to Him, and seek Him in prayer and devotion.



And then I heard another share a word given to him about "footsteps."  He shared that as he came to the end of himself, and cried out for change and strength to leave the past behind - REALLY behind - and despair at the thought of skeletons coming out of his closet and continuing to hold him back from what God wanted him to be and do.

He said that as he cried out he felt the Lord come and sit beside him in his vehicle. And the Lord directed him to the last verse of Psalm 23.

                    "...surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life...."

AHHHHHHHHHH!  How many times have I beat my head against the wall, hopeless and depressed and sad?  Wishing I would have known earlier that I was meant to change the world? That I had purpose and reason for living?  That I was loved NO MATTER WHAT and where I'd been?

It ISN'T the skeletons rattling, and it ISN'T the enemy on my tail.  It ISN'T my past or old demons or mistakes chasing me down, waiting for me to fall.

It's goodness and mercy, following me.  It's HIS promise to be present and always there.  My gratefulness for this revelation to my heart just can't fully be expressed on a blog or in words, but I am so happy to have a GOOD FATHER who knows my heart even when I can't speak it.

Hope you hear those footsteps today and every day too :)

<3  Christa

1 comment:

  1. Christa, I have this verse all over...at my desk at work, on my fridge, in my car....I can't get enough of HIS love. Even when I am down & not feeling myself, I remind myself that HE loves me, no matter what. Thanks for the inspiration today...I feel like I needed to hear it. <3

    ReplyDelete