Thursday, August 16, 2012

I got some questions...

One of the struggles in this life is the battle within ourselves, the optimist versus the pessismist.  We all have this multiple personality.  The worrier tries to take over from time to time, and choke out the part of us that wants to see the glass as half full, not half empty.  Questions begin to take over our minds in times like these.

Why am I here?  What is going on?  How is this going to happen?
Am I doing what I'm supposed to?  Will this struggle ever leave me?
Do I please Your heart?

I have discovered that when we have a mountaintop experience in our lives, a valley is usually right behind it.  I know this, but sometimes it still takes me off guard.  There I am, on my knees in the valley, and wondering how it happened so quickly, that I was just on the top and here I am again.

God allows these times in our lives, I believe, to shape and mold us. To cut away the things that are dead weight. The things that otherwise, if everything was sparkles and rainbows, we wouldn't see because we wouldn't hit our knees for long enough to see them.  And to see if we've grown from the last time.  To give us perspective.

I don't believe it's wrong to ask God questions.  But I do think it's wrong to doubt Him.  He knows my heart, and knows me deep down.  But I cannot doubt His heart for me, or that He has the best in mind for me.  And I trust Him.  And after my questions, I can rest and be in His love.

These are times when we see ourselves in a mirror, and have a reality check.  Oh, this can hurt, but it can be wonderful at the same time.  We see where we truly stand.  And if we really seek His heart, we will see it.  And will have the courage to keep pressing on.


For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.  1 Corinthians 13:12-13

<3 Christa


No comments:

Post a Comment