Thursday, May 10, 2012

I did it!

I have been back from Haiti for 10 days now, and am finally getting back into the swing of "normal" life, whatever that is :)   God did so much in my heart during my trip. I met beautiful people, tried new things, saw gorgeous places, and conquered fears that held me down for my whole life.



Being stripped from everything comfortable and predictable, having no one to depend on, to take care of things, to fall back on.   It was a truly humbling experience.  I haven't been on my own in years...if ever.  I am still not sure how I did it, going out of the country for the first time, alone, without speaking the language AT ALL of the country that I am traveling to.  Thinking about it now is laughable :)



I think the greatest thing God did in me during my time in Haiti, was healing in the area of "Daddy."  I have always been insecure in this place.  Needing someone to have my back, to cover me, to take care of me.  It never dawned on me that I didn't need a person for this.  That God, Himself, was with me, watching over me, and had never left me.  Being by myself made me truly consider who and what I placed my trust in.  When no one is around, what do I believe?  My relationship with my Jesus is so much stronger, and has gone to another level.

The beautiful children I met have changed my life.  I will no longer look at a child the same.  The eyes are truly the window to the soul, and I have seen so much beauty in those eyes.  They all have a story to tell, and lots to say.  We could stand to learn a lesson or two from them. The kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these.


I am proud of myself.  I got close to the edge, and I jumped.  I didn't fall.  I was afraid, I was nervous, but I jumped.  And my Papa was with me every step of the way. :)

<3 Christa

1 comment:

  1. i <3 this and you:) This season has brought little of what I thought it would, and lot's of things I never imagined. He is stretching us. Shaping us. Molding us to look more like Him and less like us. You have seen His eyes in those kids eyes and now you see more what He sees. So glad that God has made the path we're walking side by side:) You inspire me and make me want to be more like Jesus. <3 you much! thank you for using your life to be poured out to make much of Jesus!

    ReplyDelete