Friday, January 27, 2012

Thinking, praying, hoping...


I love my husband!  Does he have faults?  Sure. Is he perfect? No.  Does he make mistakes?  Sometimes. But he has shown me more about the heart of Jesus than anyone else. God has shown me real love through this man.  
I struggle as a wife sometimes.  I give myself a hard time, almost all of the time. :)  I apologize to him, almost daily, because I realize that I am not the easiest person to live with.  Blame it on my dad being in prison my whole life, blame it on having an abusive stepdad, blame it on whatever you choose.  But I'm a little rough around the edges.  As Joyce Meyer has said, "An excuse is a reason wrapped up in a lie."  These are all excuses.  I have free will, and I have the choice to overcome, or settle down in negativity.

Love this scene from My Big Fat Greek Wedding  :)

The man is the head of the home, but the woman is the neck.  There is so much truth to this.  And it is not about manipulation.  It's about being a team, knowing your position, and playing it well.  Embracing your place with your whole heart.
As the neck, you have the ability to build up or tear down your husband.  You set the tone for your family.  Is my home going to be a place of peace or strife?  Of patience or frustration?  A place of gratefulness or complaining?  I don't always get this right but I find it to be so true.  After all, if mama aint happy...

Love,
Christa <3

1 comment: